Whidbey Island Seaplane, BLDG 13 at Whidbey Island Seaplane

Map display is currently
Please click here to open
the map in another window.

Oak Harbor, WA  98278

Commercial: (360) 257-6070
Fax: (360) 257-6883
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 0900 - 1710 Saturday: 0830 - 1640 APPOINTMENT & WALK IN SERVICES
Map Hyperlink
Due to website issues, please use the typed link below for the CORRECT MAP to this Office. Thank you, for your cooperation.

Online Office Map
(Copy and Paste to web browser) https://www.google.com/maps/place/DEERS%2FID+Card+Office/@48.2880185,-122.6652453,13z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sSeaplane+Base+ID+Card+Office!3m4!1s0x548f8bb2da1fd52f:0x7b538e2bc0e2b896!8m2!3d48.28934!4d-122.6303464?hl=en

Location: Building 13
Our office entrance is accessible by driving to the back of the building past the Veterinarian clinic. ID Cards is clearly posted on our door and parking is available for your convenience.

Highway 20 Road Maintenance
If you do plan on traveling through this area please be aware of road construction at the Hwy 20 and Banta Rd intersection. Typically from 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m..

ID Card Office Online
DD Form 1172-2 can now be completed online at: (https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect) Sponsors with CAC or DS log-in access can digitally sign the 1172-2 and the electronic copy will be available for use in their DEERS record.

Scheduling for Multiple IDs/Transactions
To ensure the appropriate amount of time is booked to complete multiple ID Cards or transactions, please book back to back appointments. Please schedule one (1) appointment for every two (2) IDs under the same record.

Appointment Late Policy
Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. Appointments may not be honored more than 5 minutes past the scheduled appointment time.

In Need of Same Day Services?
Same day appointments are not available. If you choose to arrive as a walk-in, please note that walk-in customers are serviced between appointments and may be subject to cut-off prior to closing, if maximum walk-in capacity is reached.

Identification Requirements
ALL Sponsors, Spouses, and Dependent Children 18 and older must have two UNEXPIRED forms of ID to receive a new ID card. One must be a state/government issued photo ID

Acceptable Identification Examples
Primary: Military ID, Driver’s License, Passport. Secondary: A second Primary ID or Social Security Card, voter's registration card, Birth Certificate, or Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC). All must be unexpired.

IDs no longer acceptable
Due to a policy change, ID card offices can no longer accept the following: Student ID's, Expired ID's, Veterans Identification Card (VIC). If you need clarification on any of these types please feel free to call this Office at (360)257-6070.

Lost or Stolen CAC
All personnel whose CAC card has been stolen must bring a theft report from a Police Station. For lost CAC Cards documentation from sponsoring agency reporting it lost. (Ex: Request Chit/ Memo format on Letter Head)

90 Day Renewal Policy
The policy regarding the timeline for renewing your ID is 90 days prior to the expiration date. Exclusions: Tricare Young Adult initial issuance, Medicare (age 65), and contract extensions.

100% Disabled American Veteran
For first time DoD 100% DAV ID issuance the following documents are required: DD214, VA Award Letter/Award Packet, State or Federal Government Issued Photo ID and Social Security Card.

Retiree ID Cards
Pre-Medicare Retiree ID cards with a previous “INDEF” end date will now be issued with an expiration date. The front expiration date will now reflect the end of the month prior to 65th Birthday.

Tricare for Life (TFL) and Medicare
You must be enrolled in Medicare A & B for TFL. Present your Medicare Card & 2 IDs from the list at www.cac.mil to an ID Card Office to update DEERS and receive a new ID.

Adding Spouse to DEERS
When adding a spouse to DEERS, the sponsor must bring the following documents: Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and a valid UNEXPIRED Photo ID. All documents must be Original or Certified.

Adding Children to DEERS
All Children: Birth Certificate and Social Security Card. Stepchild: Marriage Certificate. Illegitimate Child: Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity or Judicial Determination of Paternity.

Dependents without sponsor present
All Dependents without a Sponsor present must have a valid POA or DD Form 1172-2 (Obtained from either a DEERS Office or through ID Card Office Online)

Changes to your DEERS record
If any changes need to be made to a record, the sponsor must be present or a valid Power of Attorney must be presented each time. Additionally, valid supporting documentation MUST be provided

Foreign Documentation
All foreign documents MUST have a certified English translation (if applicable) AND an Apostille or Consular certification. Contact the document issuing facility to obtain authentication certification.

Full Time College Student Requirements
Letter from Registrar or National Student Clearinghouse stating enrolled/registered full time in an accredited college in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher. Sponsors must also certify on the 1172-2 form they provide over 50% support to the child.

Policy Change: Full Time College Students
Full time student ID's are now issued to the end of the current semester, graduation date, or 23rd birthday whichever occurs first.

Tricare Young Adult (TYA) Program
For adult children ages 21 to 26 who are not full-time students, married, or covered by an employee sponsored health plan, contact TRICARE for TYA prior to ID card issuance.

Former Spouse (Initial Application)
If you are a Former Spouse and you feel that you fall under either the 20/20/20 or the 20/20/15 rule please see your Branch specific DEERS/ID Card Office for information.

Unremarried Former Spouse
If you are a Unremarried Former Spouse under the 20/20/20 or 20/20/15 rule you need to have your Branch specific AWARD LETTER along with TWO valid and unexpired forms of ID to be issued a new ID.

Most ID Cards require fingerprints. Please ensure that prior to your appointment you are hydrated, moisturized, no excess time with water or lifting free weights. Following these simple rules will allow us to obtain the best possible fingerprints.

ID Card Scanning
All Military Installations have begun scanning ID cards for Base access. If you currently hold an older ID with the SSN printed, it may not scan properly and will be confiscated. Renewal of the ID will then be required.

Cancel /reschedule appointments
Please keep a copy of your appointment confirmation in the event you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.

Verify Requirements
If the information above does not pertain to your situation, please call the ID Card Office BEFORE arriving to ensure the DoD requirements will be met for your requested DEERS transaction to take place.

(RAPIDS Site ID: 176285)

Available Appointment Days

AprMay 2019Jun