BLDG 2040 at Fairchild AFB

Map display is currently
Please click here to open
the map in another window.

7 West Arnold Street (Bldg 2040)
Suite 109
Fairchild AFB, WA  99011

Commercial: (509) 247-9292
Fax: (509) 247-5693
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: Walk-ins from 0730-1500 Appointments are from 0730-1430
Appointment Instructions
To schedule an appointment please select the next available appointment highlighted in green. If there are no open appointments and the calendar is gray, please click on the next appropriate month. All sponsors must be present.

Cancel/Reschedule Appointments
Customers will need to know their confirmation number to cancel/reschedule an appointment. Please keep a copy of your appointment confirmation page.

Lost/Stolen ID Cards
All customers are required to go to the Security Forces Squadron (building 2071) to receive a “Lost ID Receipt” memo. That memo and two forms of ID (i.e., driver’s license, SSN card, valid passport, etc) are required.

Retiree Eligibility Requirements
Initial Retirement: Retirement Orders and DD Form 214 (Copy 4). Reserve/National Guard Retirees: Orders/Letter transferring to Retired List and authorizing retired pay.

100% Disabled Vet Eligibility Requirements
Provide Letter from Department of Veteran Affairs showing member as an honorably discharged veteran rated as 100% service connected, DD Form 214 (Copy 4), and you must present the Medicare Card and must have two (2) valid (unexpired) forms of ID.

DOD Civilians/Contractors Eligibility Requirements
All data must be previously input through Civilian Personnel Center, (CPAC/CPO) and must have two (2) valid (unexpired) forms of ID.

Contractors Deploying Overseas
Bring in two (2) valid (unexpired) forms of ID - current, issued by state, federal or local government; SOFA agreement; SPOT LOA; and a DD Form 1172-2 requesting the overseas card. Forms must be properly filled out or they may be rejected.

Adding a Spouse to DEERS
When adding a spouse (to include same-sex marriages) to DEERS, the sponsor needs to bring the following documents for their spouse: Marriage Certificate, SSN Card, Original/Certified Birth Certificate, and a valid (unexpired) form of ID.

Adding Children to DEERS
When adding a child to DEERS, the sponsor must have the following documents for the child: Birth Certificate or Certificate of live birth (signed by physician or designated representative), and the SSN Card.

**Only newborns and foreign nationals can be enrolled without a SSN Card. The SSN Card must be provided to the DEERS office once received (within 90 days of enrollment) to continue receiving medical benefits.**

**If a step-child is being added, all of the above is required to include the Marriage Certificate (original or certified copy).**

**If an adopted child is being added, all of the above is required to include the Adoption Decree.**

** If a pre-adoptive child is being added, all of the above is required to include the Placement Agreement that states the intent to adopt or the Court Document that states the intent to adopt.**

Children Born out of Wedlock
Female Sponsors: Birth Certificate and SSN Card Male Sponsors: Notarized Acknowledgement of Paternity/Court Order Establishing Paternity, Birth Certificate, and SSN Card.

**Only newborns and foreign nationals can be enrolled without a SSN Card. The SSN Card must be provided to the DEERS office once received (within 90 days of enrollment) to continue receiving medical benefits.**

Dependent (Ward)
You will need to provide a DFAS letter of approval, Court Document placing the child in the member's household at least 12 months, Birth Certificate, & SSN card. All documents must be originals or certified copies.

Please see the link to start the process.

Incapacitated Children
A current physician's letter (civilian or military) dated within 90 days of initial application. This letter usually comes from the child's attending physician.

The physician letter that originally established the permanent incapacitation is acceptable, and does not require postdate within 90 days of application submission.

Statement from the Social Security Administration (SSA) certifying non-eligibility to Medicare Part A or presentation of SSA Medicare card, reflecting enrollment in Parts A & B.

Birth certificate (if not enrolled in DEERS). For parents who are not married, a Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity (VAP) or court order identifying paternity to the military sponsor.

Please see the links below for more information and the application procedure.

Parent/Parent in-law/Step/Adoptive/In-Loco
An initial ID card application will need to be completed at the Sponsors ID card office. The birth certificate, SSN card, and the birth certificate of the sponsor or spouse are needed to obtain the DD Form 1172.

You will also need to complete the DD Form 137-3, and submit all the documents to Finance. Once completed, we will need the DFAS letter of approval, Sponsor’s Birth Certificate, Parent’s Birth Certificate, and SSN Card.

For a renewal of any sort, you will need to have a DFAS Re-determination completed in order to be issued a new Dependent ID card. Please see the link to start the process.

Full-time College Students
You will need to bring two (2) valid (unexpired) forms of ID. All college students ages 21-23 must bring a letter from their school registrar's office (official school letterhead required).

The letter must state that the child is a full time student and list the estimated graduation date (Ex: 8 Dec 2016).

All Tricare Young Adult applications must be processed through Tricare. Once approved and your Tricare Young Adult status has been updated in DEERS, we will be able to issue the dependent ID card on or after the effective date.

Please see the link below for more information.

Marital Status Updates (divorce/marriage/widow)
Please provide your Original or Court Certified Copy of the Divorce Decree, Marriage Certificate, or Death Certificate at the time of your appointment.

(PIN Re-Set) Blocked or Locked Out
To unlock your CAC card, please have a 6-8 digit PIN number (your choice) ready when you come in.

Power of Attorney
If your Military Sponsor is unable to accompany you to your visit, a valid "General" or "Special" Power of Attorney will allow you to conduct business on your sponsor's behalf.

The POA must state you are authorized to conduct DEERS updates/card issuance/enrollments. You may get this document at your local Legal office.

Agent Letter Required Items
Letter from primary physician (stating the need for the escort) Military ID Card Agent’s Driver’s License & SSN Card (for verification purposes-No Exceptions)

Questions or Comments
Thank you for choosing Fairchild AFB for your DEERS/ID Card needs. If in the event you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the ID Card Office at: 509-247-9292, Opt 1.

DFAS Contact Phone Number

(RAPIDS Site ID: 101564)

Available Appointment Days

NovDecember 2019Jan