Soldier Support Center at Ft. Lee

Map display is currently
Please click here to open
the map in another window.

1401 B Avenue
Suite 115
Ft. Lee, VA  23801

Commercial: (804) 734-7394
Fax: (804) 734-6753
Hours of Operation:
M-F 0800-1600 T, Th, 0800-1500 walk-ins
Welcome to the Fort Lee Identification and DEERS office. We are looking forward to servicing your needs. If you have any concerns or questions please call 804-734-7394, 734-6179, 734-7347 or 734-7348.

Hours of Operation
Hours of Operation: Monday, Wednesday & Friday appointments 8am - 4pm. Every Tuesday and Thursday Walk-in hours are 8am -3pm.

AITS and MOS-T Soldiers
There are designated days and hours, to service the AIT and MOS-T student population. Please contact your company for further assistance. If you have any questions, please call 804-734-6970 or 734-7394.

All customers who are 18 yrs. and older must have two (unexpired) forms of ID to get a new ID card made. One of them must be a state or government issued photo ID. This applies to all customers.

Lost/Stolen/confiscated or destroyed CAC
Customers whose ID card was lost/stolen will need to have a letter/memorandum from their Command Sponsoring agency (Command, Base security, HR) which states the ID card has been reported lost/stolen prior to receiving a new ID card.

Cancel / Reschedule appointment
Customers will need to know their confirmation number to cancel/reschedule an appointment. Please keep a copy of your appointment confirmation page. If more than five minutes late for your appointment you will need to reschedule or be seen as a walk-in.

Dependent ID Cards
For dependent ID cards, the sponsor must be present to sign the DD Form 1172-2. If not available, the dependent must have a previously signed DD 1172-2 (within 90 days of signature) signed by their sponsor and the VO/SSM.

Dependent ID cards Continued
If the dependent does not have a DD Form 1172-2, then a General Power of Attorney (POA), or Special Power of Attorney (Special POA must state ID Card Issuance and DEERS Enrollment) is required.

Full- Time Students, age 21- 23
At least 30 days prior to the 21st birth date the sponsor must bring a letter from the School Registrar certifying enrollment full-time with the anticipated graduation date.

Full-time students, age 21 -23 con't
If unable to receive a registrar's letter from the school, you can also go to the National Clearing House website and print out a Verification Enrollment. Website is

Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
A DD 214 and a letter from the VA is required, verifying that the honorably discharged veteran is 100 percent disabled from a service-connected injury or disease, whether reevaluation is necessary, and that commissary and exchange are authorized.

Former Spouse
Initial verification of former spouses must be accomplished by the parent service. Applicants must provide a copy of a certified Marriage Certificate, Final Divorce Decree, a written statement that he or she

Former Spouse Con't
is not enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan, and a statement of service or DD 214.

Cancel / Reschedule appointments
Customers will need to know their confirmation number to cancel/reschedule an appointment. Please keep a copy of your appointment confirmation page. If more than fifteen minutes late for your appointment, you will need to reschedule.

DEERS Enrollment for Spouse
Certified Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Photo ID, and Social Security Card are required for enrollment.

Initial issuance of retired ID cards Retired Sponsors are required to bring retirement orders and DD 214 along with their CAC to turn in. Retiree's turning age 60 must bring their age 60 retirement orders.

(RAPIDS Site ID: 101228)

Available Appointment Days

AprMay 2019Jun