42 FSS ID Card Section at Maxwell AFB

Map display is currently
Please click here to open
the map in another window.

50 Lemay Plaza South
Building 804
Montgomery, AL  36112

Commercial: (334) 953-6489
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 0800-1600 (Appointments ONLY/ Will not service Expiring Cards with Expirations starting Jan 20 Servicing Only: - Blocked CAC Cards - Dependents who are full-time students extending Tricare Eligibility - CAC Cards/Essential exp within 30days
APPOINTMENT 0800-1100; Walk-ins 1300-1600
We are appointment Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri 0800-1100; and walk-ins Mon/Tues/Wed/Fri 1300-1600; Thursday 0800-1200.

Appointments only beginning February 1, 2016. Walk-ins WILL NOT be accepted. An appointment MUST be scheduled prior to arriving at the DEERS office. Call for an appointment 334-953-6487. Online Scheduler rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil

Hours of Operation and Contact Information
Mon/Tues/Fri/0800-1600 (Appointments), 1300-1600 (walk-in), Wednesdays 0830-1600 (Appointments), 1300-1600 (walk-in)and Thursdays 0800-1200 (Appointments). Please email us at 42fss.fsmps@us.af.mil for questions or concerns.

Appointment Slot Instructions
Click the date and then the time you would like to make the appointment for. Please make one appointment for a Common Access Card (CAC) OR two dependent ID cards. Please make multiple appointments for any more cards. Make sure you have two valid forms of

Multiple Appointments
Please make multiple appointments for multiple CACs or more than 2 dependent ID cards. Ensure that you bring confirmation number to appointment.

Identification Instructions
Sponsor must be present to sign for new ID. You must present identity documents, age 21 and older must have (2) forms of ID. One must be a valid state or federal government issued picture ID. See website for approved IDs: http://www.uscis.gov/i-9

Is the Sponsor Unavailable or Deployed?
If you are the sponsor on the account, please go to the following website on a CAC enabled computer and fill out a Form 1172-2 for all the members needing ID cards. Also, Power of Attorney can be used by dependents and spouses.

DD FORM 1172-2
This form will be digitally signed with your CAC and submitted to DEERS and can be accessed from any RAPIDS site instantly. https://pki.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service/rapids/home?execution=e2s1

DEERS update documentation
Please bring original documentation for any DEERS updates. For example, Separation/Retirement orders, Promotion orders, Commissioning orders, etc.

Dependent ID Cards
See above general ID instructions. Your sponsor must be present. If not available, the dependent must have a DD Form 1172-2 Application signed by their sponsor witnessed by a Verifying Official or Notary Signature and Seal or a POA

Full Time College Students
For college students 21yrs old, bring a letter from the school registrar stating full time enrollment in college and a projected date of graduation to have dependent benefits extended to age 23 or graduation, whichever is sooner.

Adding a Spouse
The sponsor must be present when adding a spouse, unless the spouse has a valid and current power of attorney. Members must bring the marriage certificate and two forms of identification for the spouse (one must be a photo ID).

Adding Children
To add a child to DEERS, the sponsor must be present and have the child's original birth certificate OR hospital proof of birth AND original social security card (once available).

CAC PIN Reset/Unlock
No appointment is necessary to reset a PIN or unlock a CAC. These services are available at the front desk only and will be seen between appointments as available.

Update Address and phone Number in DEERS
An appointment is not required to update your address and phone number in DEERS. Just visit this website: http://www.tricare.osd.mil/deers and do the update. Click update DEERS Online link on the right. Must have CAC enabled computer.

Power of Attorney
A power of attorney can be used to sign for the sponsor if they are deployed or not able to come to your appointment. The legal office is located in our building and will be able to assist you. They can be reached at 334-953-2786

Updating a Divorce
Please make an appointment and come in with the FINAL divorce decree, the sponsor's DD 214, as well as standard identification documents

Adding a Foreign Spouse
The sponsor and spouse will need to come in and bring the marriage certificate, valid passport, and a birth certificate. All documents must be certified and translated into english.

Emergency Services
Uniformed and DOD personnel with mission critical work stoppage may utilize front desk services for issues.

(RAPIDS Site ID: 102032)

Available Appointment Days

MarApril 2020May