Fort Worth Visitor Control Center (VCC) at NAS JRB Ft. Worth

Map display is currently
Please click here to open
the map in another window.

1304 Military Parkway
1st Floor
Fort Worth, TX  76127

Commercial: (817) 782-5244
Fax: (817) 782-3950
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Saturday 0700-1510.EXCLUDING FEDERAL HOLIDAYS
The ID office will be closed for the holidays on the following dates. Please plan accordingly: 10NOV2018, 22NOV2018, 25DEC2018, 01JAN2019, 19JAN2019, 16FEB2019, 25MAY2019, 04JUL2019, 31AUG2019.

Extended Wait Times for Walk-In Customers
Walk-in cut-off hours are dependent upon the number of appointments, customers currently awaiting service, or other services. Highly recommended to arrive prior to 1000 hours if you are coming in as a walk-in customer.

When entering the city in your GPS please type Westworth Village, TX instead of Fort Worth, TX to get routed to the correct entrance. DO NOT enter the base. Our office is located just before ID check point (to the right) inside the Visitor Control Center.

Scheduling for Multiple IDs/Transactions
To ensure the appropriate amount of time is booked to complete multiple ID Cards or transactions, please book back to back appointments. Please schedule one (1) appointment for each person under the same record.

Appointment Late Policy
Please arrive 10 minutes prior for your scheduled appointment. Appointments may not be honored more than 5 minutes past the scheduled appointment time.

In need of Same Day Services?
Walk-ins are welcome from 0700 to 1400. However, walk-in services can be stopped at anytime, depending on staffing, foot traffic and tech issues.

Informational Details
Please note the following informational details have a restriction on total characters. Due to the shortened nature, not all information may be shown. Please go to for a complete and detailed list of requirements.

RECENT CHANGE: Identification Requirements
ALL Sponsors, Spouses, and Dependent Children OVER 18 must have two UNEXPIRED forms of ID to receive a new ID card. One must be a state/government issued photo ID.

IDs no longer acceptable
Due to a recent system upgrade, ID card office can no longer accept the following: Student ID, Expired IDs (for use on status change), Veterans Identification Card (VIC).

Acceptable Identification Examples
Primary: Military ID, Driver's License, Passport. Secondary: A second Primary ID or Social Security Card, voter's registration card, Birth Certificate, or Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC). All must be unexpired with the exception of the DoD ID.

Changes to your DEERS record
If any changes need to be made to a record, the sponsor must be present or a valid Power of Attorney must be presented each time. Additionally, valid supporting documentation MUST be provided.

90 Day Renewal Policy
The policy regarding the timeline for renewing your ID is 90 days prior to the expiration date. Exclusions: Tricare Young Adult initial issuance, Medicare (age 65), and contract extension.

ID Card Scanning
All Military Installations have begun scanning ID cards for Base access. If you currently hold an older ID with the SSN printed, it may not scan properly and will be confiscated. Renewal of the ID will then be required.

Dependents without sponsor present
All Dependents without a Sponsor present must have a valid POA (original or cert. true copy) or DD Form 1172-2 preprinted by DEERS station that has been signed by the Sponsor or a Verifying Official ahead of time. 1172-2 forms can be hand filled but must

ID Card Office Online
DD Form 1172-2 can now be completed online at: Sponsors with CAC or DS log-in access can digitally sign the 1172-2 and the electronic copy will be available for use in their DEER record.

Retired ID Cards
Due to a recent system update, Pre-Medicare Retired ID cards with a previous "INDEF" end date will now be issued with an expiration date. The front expiration date will now reflect the date of the end of Tricare/Begin date of Tricare for Life.

Lost or Stolen CAC
All personnel whose CAC card has been stolen must bring a theft report from a Police Station. For lost CAC Cards documentation from sponsoring agency reporting it lost. (Ex: Request Chit/Memo format on Letter Head).

Adding children to DEERS
Child enrollment required documents: birth cert. & social security card. Stepchild: the marriage cert. is also needed. Illegitimate child: Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity or Judicial Determination of Paternity is required as well.

Adding Spouse to DEERS
When adding a spouse to DEERS, the sponsor must bring the following documents for their spouse: Marriage Certificate, birth certificate (or state/fed ID showing date of birth), social security card, & a photo ID.

Tricare for Life (TFL) and Medicare
You must be enrolled in Medicare A & B for TFL. DEERS can be updated the month prior to your Medicare start date. Bring your Medicare Card and two(2) forms of ID from the list at to an ID Card Office to update DEERS and receive a new ID.

100% Disabled American Veteran
First time DoD 100% DAV ID, the following documents are required: DD214, VA Letter for Commissary and Exchange Privileges, State/Federal Government Issued Photo ID and Social Security Card. Refer to Spouse/Child required documents if enrolling family.

Foreign Documentation
All foreign documents MUST have a certified English translation (if applicable) AND an Appostille or Consular certification. Contact the document issuing facility to obtain authentication certification.

Full Time College Student Requirements
Letter from Registrar or National Student Clearinghouse stating enrolled/registered full time in an accredited college in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher. Sponsors must also certify on the 1172-2 form they provide over 50% support to the child.

Policy Change: Full Time Collge Students
Full time student IDs are now issued to the end of the current semester, graduation date (if information is provided on school letter) or 23 if occurs sooner.

Young Adult Program
As part of the Health Care reform, there is now a young adult program available for your dependents. For children 21 to 26 who are not married or covered by an employee sponsored health plan. Contact TRICARE. TYA IDs cannot be issued prior to begin date.

Cancel/reschedule appointments
Customers will need to know their confirmation number to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Please keep a copy of your appointment confirmation in the event you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.

Verify Requirements
If the information above does not pertain to your situation, please call the ID Card Office BEFORE arriving to ensure the DoD requirements will be met your requested DEERS transaction to take place.

(RAPIDS Site ID: 101554)

Available Appointment Days

AprMay 2019Jun