Camp Merrill ID Cards, Building 31 at Camp Frank D. Merrill

Map display is currently
Please click here to open
the map in another window.

1 Camp Merrill Drive
Dahlonega, GA  30533

Commercial: (706) 864-3327
Hours of Operation:
Tue & Thu: 13:00-16:00 Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun: Closed
Walk-Ins Are Not Authorized
Due to the nature of our DEERS office, walk-ins are not authorized. Please ensure you have an appointment at the time you arrive. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Appointment Cancellations
If you are unable to make your appointment, please cancel on-line using the last name of the appointee and reference number.

Family Appointments’
For multiple members of the same family, make separate appointments for each family member.

Identity/Eligibility Documentation
Two forms of ID must be presented before any service is rendered. (e.g. Passport, Drivers License, Concealed Weapons Card, SS Card, Student ID Card.) One of the two forms must contain a photo. A signed DD Form 1172 is required if sponsor is not present.

Court Documents
All court documentation must be state or county certified with a legible file number. All foreign documents must be original and translated in English. Please contact the Dept. of Foreign Ministry Affairs in the country of issuance for assistance.

Lost/Stolen ID Cards (Service Members)
A Memorandum or Counseling Statement (DA form 4856) from the service members' Company CDR or 1SG describing the date, place and circumstances of the loss or theft, along with two froms of identity.

Lost/Stolen ID Cards (DoD Civilians/Contractors)
DoD or Department of the Army Civilian Contractors and DoD Contractor personnel must also have a statement or a memorandum from the employee's HR department or supervisor describing the date, place and circumstance of the loss or theft

Lost/Stolen ID Cards (Dependent Family)
Family members (Dependents) should have their sponsor present. If the sponsor is not present then a DD Form 1172 (ID Card Application) and an original unexpired Power of Attorney to the Family member.

Information Change (Last Name or Rank)
A change or update to their ID card must bring official documentation reflecting the change. (i.e. Social Security Card, Drivers License, Promotion Orders, etc).

Eligibility Requirements (DoD Contractors)
DoD Contractors must be previously vetted and verified through the Contractor Verification System (CVS). If going overseas, a SPOT LOA is required and must have two (2) valid forms of unexpired identification.

Eligibility Requirements (DoD Civilians)
DoD Civilians must be previously vetted through Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC), have an SF 50 completed and two (2) valid unexpired forms of identification.

Eligibility Requirements (Retirees)
Active duty retirees must have their retirement orders and DD Form 214 (Copy 4). Reserve/National Guard Retirees must have their orders/Letter transferring to the retired list and authorizing retired pay.

Please bring your Medicare card if you are eligible.

Eligibility Requirements (100% Disabled Veterans)
Have the letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs showing them as a honorably discharged veteran rated as 100% disabled and service connected, authorizing commissary store and exchange privileges, DD Form 214, Drivers license, Social Security card.

Eligibility Requirements (Full Time Students)
Must be between the ages of 21 and 23, must have a letter of admission from an accredited institution, the sponsor must be providing over 50% support and (2) valid unexpired forms of identification.

Eligibility Requirements (Students over 23)
For further information about “Student Young Adults”, Please call TRICARE to enroll.

Adding Family Members
When adding family members, all documents must be originals or a true certified copy. All foreign documents must have an Apostille and English translation.

Adding/Remove Family Members (Spouse)
To add or remove a spouse, present a marriage certificate/license, birth certificate, social security card, photo ID from state or local government and original divorce decree, annulment or death certificate.

Adding/Remove Family Members (Children)
Present a Birth Certificate and social security card. (If parents are not married, see illegitimate child section below).

Adding/Remove Family Members (Adoption)
To add an adopted child, present a final adoption decree or documentation from authorized placement agency under the Department of Human Services, birth certificate and social security card with sponsor's last name.

Adding/Remove Family Members (Ward)
Present a court order granting custody to the sponsor. The court order must stipulate that the child will be in the care of the sponsor for no less than twelve (12) consecutive months, as well as a birth certificate and social security card.

Adding/Remove Family (illegitimate child)
The ID card section does not approve DFAS Dependency requests. Forms can be picked up at our office. Once completed, an appointment can be made to ensure the packet is filled out correctly.

Adding/Remove Family (illegitimate child) Cont.
To add an illegitimate child, present a Birth Certificate, social security card, and one of the following: Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity from the State in which the child was born or Court Order establishing paternity.

Expiring ID Cards
Only ID cards that are within 30 days of expiration will be re-issued.

CAC Registration
The ID cards section does not support CAC registration on DoD service websites (i.e. AKO, MOL, NKO).

The 5th Ranger Training Battalion in Dahlonega, GA
The Rangers of the 5th RTB are committed to providing quality customer service to all Branches of the DoD both past and present, and their families in all matters within the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).

(RAPIDS Site ID: 620425)

Available Appointment Days

NovDecember 2019Jan