ID Card Section at 185th FW Iowa ANG Sioux City

Map display is currently
Please click here to open
the map in another window.

2920 Headquarters Ave.

Commercial: (712) 233-0534
Fax: (712) 233-0807
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Friday 0800-1030 1330-1500 by appointment
Welcome to the 185th Air Refueling Wing!
Thank you for choosing the 185th ARW for your DEERS/ID Card needs.

Appointment Instructions
A scheduled appointment timeframe takes about 30 minutes per session. A session may consist of (1) CAC ID or up to (2) Dependent ID cards. Please schedule multiple appointments based on the number of ID cards needed.

Cancellation Policy
Customers will need their confirmation number to cancel an appointment online. Please cancel your appointment at least 24hrs in advance. If unable to cancel 24hrs prior, please call the ID Card Section (no confirmation number necessary).

Reschedule Instructions
Customers need their confirmation number to reschedule an appointment online. If unable to reschedule 24hrs prior, please call the ID Card Section. Individuals over five minutes late for an appointment will need to reschedule.

Identification Requirements
All customers age 21 and older, must have two forms of ID. Primary form of ID must be a state or government issued photo ID.

Second form may be an unexpired passport, social security card, birth certificate, or voter's registration. All documents must be original or certified copies, no exceptions.

Dependent IDs
Dependents age 10 and older are eligible for ID cards. The sponsor must be present to sign the DD Form 1172-2. If the sponsor is unavailable, the dependent must bring a previously signed 1172-2.

The 1172-2 must be signed by their sponsor and an ID Card verifying/issuing official or Notary. The 1172-2 is only good for 90 days from date of signatures.

Dependents age 20 and under must provide at least one form of ID. Ex: Previous military ID (non expired),other state,federal or local government photo ID, passport,social security card,or birth certificate.

Adding a Spouse to DEERS
In order to add a spouse to DEERS, the sponsor must bring the following documents for their spouse: marriage certificate, birth certificate, social security card & photo ID. All documents must be originals or certified copies.

If the spouse changes their name, they must provide a social security card and driver's license with the new name. If name is not changed on documents, a 90 day temporary ID card will be issued.

Adding Children to DEERS
When adding a child to DEERs, the sponsor must bring the following documents for the child: Birth certificate & social security card. If a stepchild is being added, the marriage certificate will also be needed.

For children born out of wedlock (for male sponsors only), you will also need to provide a paternity affidavit. All documents must be orginals or certified copies.

Full-Time College Students
College students must bring a letter from their School Registrar's office stating full-time enrollment in an accredited college and include the estimated date of graduation. Benefits end on date of graduation or 23rd birthday, whichever is earlier.

Tricare Young Adult Cards (Dependents age 23-26)
Dependents age 23-26 are eligible for ID Cards if they are enrolled in Tricare Young Adult. They must bring two forms of ID as stated above as well as their Tricare Young Adult card in order to be issued a Military ID.

Updating a Death or Divorce
If you need to update a death or divorce we will need the Death certificate or Divorce decree (the divorce decree must have stamped date that it was filed with courthouse). All documents must be original or certified copies.

Power of Attorney
If your sponsor is unable to accompany you to your visit or unable to sign a DD 1172-2, a valid "General" or "Special" Power of Attorney will allow you to conduct business on your sponsor's behalf.

Sponsor Deployed in Support of a Contingency
If your sponsor is deployed in support of a contingency, you may bring in a copy of their orders in place of the Power of Attorney paperwork. This is for contingency deployments only.

Lost or Stolen ID Cards
Two forms of ID will be required to replace your lost or stolen ID. You will also have to sign a statement with the 185th Security Forces Squadron (this will take place in our ID card section).

(RAPIDS Site ID: 102335)

Available Appointment Days

JunJuly 2019Aug