DEERS/ID Card Branch (Bldg 212) at Ft. Riley

Map display is currently
Please click here to open
the map in another window.

212 Custer Ave
Basement, Room #B001
Ft. Riley, KS  66442

Commercial: (785) 239-3654
Fax: (785) 239-3692
Hours of Operation:
M-F 0730-1600, closed for Federal holidays and and resiliency days off. Customer cut off time is 1600 daily except for 8 hour days and then it is at 1500.
Welcome to Ft Riley's ID Card Appt Scheduler
Thank you for choosing Ft. Riley ID Card/DEERS Branch for your ID Card/DEERS needs. We look forward to providing assistance in facilitating any ID Card/DEERS issue for you.

ID Cards are the property of the US Government and holders are required to safeguard them at all times. Persons needing to replace ID Cards should have two forms of identification in their possession when they come to the DEERS/ID Card Branch.

One may be the old ID Card or Driver’s license if it is not expired. The other may be a Social Security Card or Birth Certificate.

Sponsors should be with dependents or they are required to have in their possession a valid General or Special Power of Attorney, or a valid DD Form 1172-2 signed within the previous 90 days. 1172-2's older than 90 days are invalid and won’t be accepted.

If a Special Power of Attorney is used, it should specifically state somewhere in the Power of Attorney that it may be used to obtain DoD ID Cards and enroll dependents in DEERS.

Per 1ID OpOrder 18-247 of 27Sep18, 1ID Soldiers are seen at their Brigade S-1's. As such, 1ID Soldiers coming to the Garrison ID Card Facility for service, without approval of the 1ID G1, will be referred back to their respective Brigade S1's for service.

General Instructions, please read and heed!
Please schedule one appointment for each person to be seen. Figure about 30 minutes per ID Card, so schedule your appointments and figure time accordingly. Times can be longer or shorter depending on system responsiveness and issues involved.

Customers are responsible for confirming and knowing their appointment date and time. Customers arriving more than 30 minutes late for their appointment and not notifying the ID Card Facility,

will be considered as walk ins and be placed in the next available walk in slot for that day.

Soldiers should bring a copy of their ERB or ORB to verify their information.

To replace an ID Card, if you are over 21, and a dependent child, you must be a full time student and provide a letter from the registrar where you are attending college certifying that, and provide an anticipated graduation date.

You must bring two forms of identification with you to the ID Card Center. One must be a valid state or federal government-issued picture ID. The other may be a birth certificate or a social security card

If you have questions, please call (785) 239-3654 or (785) 239-3698 for further information on appropriate types of identification and documentation to bring to your appointment.

As previously stated, a scheduled appointment timeframe is about 30 minutes per session, but can be longer or shorter depending on system response.

Plan on arriving at least 15 minutes early for your appointment and bring your printed appointment slip with you when you come in for your appointment.

Appointments have priority of service. Walk-in customers are seen on a case by case basis, are considered as standby. Wait times can be over 1 hour depending on appointments scheduled, number of customers waiting, and speed of system.

To avoid the wait, schedule an appointment. Please call (785) 239-3654 to obtain information on waiting times for walk in services.

If you received an error stating you have been BLOCKED or LOCKED OUT or you have an INVALID PIN error you will be required to reset your CAC. CAC PIN resets are currently being done in Bldg #217, Room #105. PIN resets are done on a walk-in basis.

PIN resets are conducted as a Walk-In service. Please call (785) 240-2488 to obtain information on waiting times for PIN resets.

Additional Documentation Requirements
LOST/STOLEN ID CARDS (Soldiers): Soldier reports to Brigade S-1 if they are in a 1st ID unit or to the ID Card Center if they are not. Must have either a Police Report or DA 2823 stamped and signed by person authorized to administer oaths, generally a CW2

or above.

DEPENDENT LOST ID CARD: Sponsor and dependent who lost ID Card reports to ID Card Center for new ID Card. Card can be done with Power of Attorney if the spouse is unavailable. General Powers of Attorney are acceptable; however, if they have a Special

Power of Attorney, it must specifically state that it may be used for DEERS enrollment or obtaining an ID Card

NEW MARRIAGE: Sponsor, marriage certificate, photo ID, spouse’s birth certificate and social security card. All documents need to be translated into English if married in a foreign country or be documented by an international birth/marriage certificate.

DIVORCE: Certified copy of the Divorce Decree with the date stamp showing when it was filed with the clerk of the court.

NEW BABY: If married to the mother: birth certificate and social security card. All birth certificates must be translated into English if born in a foreign country or be documented by an International Birth Certificate. For single male parents: court

order adjudicating paternity or affidavit of paternity from the state where the child resides, birth certificate, and social security card. For single female parent: birth certificate and social security card.

RETIRED DEPENDENT EXPIRED CARD: Sponsor, old ID Card. Must have two forms of ID. 1st ID needs to be a picture ID (e.g., drivers license, state ID, passport, etc.), 2nd ID can be a non-picture ID (e.g., Social Security Card, Voters’ Registration Card,

Birth Certificate, etc.)

ACTIVE DUTY DEPENDENT EXPIRED CARD: Sponsor, old id card and second form of ID.

ACTIVE DUTY PROMOTION: (E-5 or above) orders and old ID card. (E-4) 4187 or promotion orders and old ID card and second form of ID. E3-below do not replace ID Cards unless they expire or are damaged.

ACTIVE DUTY MUTILATION: Old ID card and second form of ID.

(RAPIDS Site ID: 102076)

Available Appointment Days

OctNovember 2019Dec