United States Army Garrison (USAG) Miami at USAG Miami

Map display is currently
Please click here to open
the map in another window.

9301 NW 33rd Street
Room A1102
Doral, FL  33172

Commercial: (305) 437-2718
Fax: (305) 437-2717
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday (07:30 - 15:30
Please read the following information prior to making your appointment to ensure your experience at the USAG-Miami DEERS/ID Card office is a pleasant one. For questions, please call (305) 437-2718 or DSN 567-2718.

ADDRESS: 9301 NW 33RD ST ROOM #A1102, DORAL FL 33172

To schedule an appointment, please select the next available appointment day highlighted in GREEN.

A session consist of (1)CAC ID OR (2)Dependent ID cards per slot. Please schedule multiple appointments back to back based on the number of ID cards needed.

Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment, expect long security lines and/or vetting processing, allow 20-30 mins to access installation.

Scheduled appointment must sign in no-later than 10 minutes, if arriving more than 10 mins past your appt. time, you will need to reschedule.

Cancellation/Reschedule of Appointment:
Please print and keep the copy of your appointment confirmation page. You will need to know your confirmation number to cancel/reschedule an appointment.

Walk-in Customers:
Monday - Thursday (0730 - 0900) Fridays (Closed) Wait times for walk-ins can be up to 1 hour or more if we are busy or short staffed. We reserve the right to suspend or cancel walk-in services at any time.

All DEERS/ID Card Transactions:
Sponsor must be present for DEERS/ID card transactions. Sponsor must do initial enrollment of family member.If sponsor's unavailable, dependent must provide a General Power of Attorney; or Special Power of Attorney stating authorized DEERS/ID Card t

A completed DD Form 1172-2 may be digitally signed w/ a CAC & submitted using RAPIDS Self Service via MilConnect; or scanned at a RAPIDS site; or manually filled w/ notarized signature & original. Forms are ONLY valid for 90 days from date signed.

Service Member Responsibility:
Sponsors have the responsibility to report any family member additions or changes to the Defense Eligibility Enrollment and Reporting System (DEERS) within 30 days of the event.

ID Card Renewal:
All ID card holders may request to renew their cards 90 days prior to expiration date. Exceptions: Promotion, Damaged, Lost/Stolen, Destroyed and/or Confiscated.

Identification Requirements:
Customers 18 years and older must have two(2) valid forms of Identifications. Primary must be a non-expired state/federal issued photo ID. A list of acceptable identity documents can be found on the USAG-Miami website under ID/DEERS or below link.

Under the new FIPS201-2 Regulation associated w/ HSPD-12: Student IDs, Concealed Weapons Permit and any Security Badges are not acceptable forms of identifications.

Please visit: (http://www.cac.mil/Portals/53/Documents/List_of_Acceptable_Documents.pdf) for a complete list of acceptable documents.

All documents presented to the ID Card office must be originals or certified copies and in English by a certified translator. Names must match to avoid processing delays of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Internal Revenue Services (IRS) tax forms.

Grooming Standard for all Service Branches:
If you're an Active Duty, National Guard or Reserve member needing a CAC, please arrive within Grooming Standards for your respective branch of service. Exceptions: Members w/ shaving waiver must provide proof at time of CAC renewal/replacement.

Lost/Stolen CAC Card (All Branches):
All ID Card holders are required to safeguard their ID Card/CAC at all times. CAC card holders must provide a memorandum from an immediate supervisor, a counseling statement or written/printed police report is required to obtain a replacement.

Must have two valid forms of identification (SEE ABOVE).

Eligibility Requirements, MILITARY MEMBERS:
Official documentation must be presented for any updates or changes (i.e. Promotion Orders, Birth Certificate, Divorce Decree, Marriage Certificate, Court Order, etc.). Customers must present two valid forms of identifications (SEE ABOVE).

For PROMOTION, provide promotion order printout. For FROCK, provide frocking letter.

Eligibility Requirements, NAME CHANGE:
For SM NAME change, submit through unit administration, name correction must populate from an authenticated feed/source database from respective Service Branch. Dependents must provide two valid forms of ID reflecting NAME change.

Eligibility Requirements, TA-180:
DD Form 214 (Member 4) & two valid forms of Identifications must be provided. You must be completely off AD before you receive your TA-180. If you're going into Reserves or National Guard contract, you're to be gained from respective branch.

For further inquiry/entitlements, please visit: (http://www.tricare.mil/tamp)

Eligibility Requirements, DOD CIVILIAN:
DoD Civilian data must automatically feed from sponsoring affiliate agency. Must have two valid forms of identification (SEE ABOVE).

DoD Civilians deploying must have a DD Form 2365 or overseas travel orders if being reassigned OCONUS. Must have two valid forms of identification (SEE ABOVE).

DoD Civilian Retiring must have an SF Form 50 or gained from an authenticated feed/source affiliate. Must have two valid forms of identification (SEE ABOVE).

Eligibility Requirements, DOD CONTRACTORS:
DoD Contractor's record must be created in Trusted Associate Sponsorship System (TASS). Must have two valid forms of identification (SEE ABOVE).

If going overseas a Letter of Authorization (LOA) is required.

Eligibility Requirements, RETIREES:
For Initial Retirement ID card, ID cards will be issue on or after retirement date; must provide Retirement Orders or DD Form 214 (Member 4) from respective branch of service. Must have two valid forms of identification (SEE ABOVE).

If Medicare eligible at retirement due to permanent disability, provide Medicare Card Part A & B.

Eligibility Requirements, MEDICARE PART A & B:
At age 65 you have to bring in your MEDICARE PART A & B card to update DEERS and your Military ID card. With MEDICARE Part B, you're eligible for TRICARE for life. If you refuse MEDICARE Part B you are not eligible for TRICARE for life.

In addition, must have two valid forms of identification (SEE ABOVE). For further details about Medicare/Tricare for Life visit: (http://www.tricare.mil/tfl)

Eligibility Requirements, 100% DAV:
DAV must provide Commissary Letter from VA stating member is an honorably discharged veteran rated as 100% service connected or unemployable; authorizing commissary and exchange privileges.

Must also provide DD Form 214, a State/Federal photo identification & Social Security card. For any military personnel records you may request it at (NPRC): (https://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel) or call 1-866-272-6272.

Eligibility Requirements, SPOUSE:
Sponsor must provide State File Certified Marriage Cert., spouse Social Security Card, and a valid photo identification (SEE ABOVE). All documents must be originals or certified copies & English by certified translator.

Spouse must be present to have ID Card issued with two valid forms of identifications (SEE ABOVE). Spouse name change, SSN card & State/Federal ID must be provided for update.

DUAL MILITARY couples must provide State File Certified Marriage Cert., spouse SSN Card, and a valid photo identification (SEE ABOVE). All documents must be originals or certified copies & English by certified translator.

If your Spouse is a Foreign National, Sponsor must provide certified marriage cert., spouse valid foreign passport & secondary ID if no SSN card. All foreign documents must be in English by a certified translator. NOTE: Read "Foreign Documentation

Removal of Former Spouse from DEERS:
Sponsor must provide Certified Original or Court Certified Copy of Divorce Decree/Final Judgement or Death Certificate. In English by a certified translator if applicable. For Former Spouse eligibility, contact our office for further guidance.

Foreign Documentation:
All foreign documents MUST have a certified English translation (if applicable) AND an Apostille or Consular certification. Contact the document issuing facility to obtain authentication certification.

Documents destined for use in participating countries and their territories should be certified by one of the officials in the jurisdiction in which the document has been executed.

These documents must include the official’s title & his/her signature must be legible. For more information visit: (www.hcch.net) or contact office for further guidance.

Eligibility Requirements, CHILD:
NEWBORN: Original or Certified copy of Birth certificate, Certificate of Live Birth (signed by physician or designated representative) or Certificate of Birth Abroad & Social Security Card.

CHILD OUT OF WEDLOCK: Male sponsors not married to the mother will need an Acknowledgement of Paternity (DH Form 432-FL) or Court Order establishing paternity or Apostille (read foreign doc).

STEPCHILD: Original or Certified copy of Birth certificate, Marriage certificate and Social Security Card & English by a certified translator.

ADOPTION, WARD OF THE COURT OR INCAPACITATION: Information's furnished upon request.

Children will start receiving ID cards at age 10, unless they are children of a single parent, Dual military or child out of wedlock or on a case by case basis.

NOTE: As long as another family member is enrolled in TRICARE Prime, newborns are covered for 60 days from DOB and adopted children are covered for 60 days from effective date of adoption.

For further details visit: (http://www.tricare.mil/LifeEvents/Baby/GettingTRICAREforChild)

Eligibility Requirements, STUDENT OVER 21:
STUDENT AGE 21-23: Letter from the Registrar certifying Full-time enrollment at an Accredited Institution for Higher learning in pursuit of an Associate Degree or higher with semester dates and anticipated graduation date.

If no graduation date is mentioned it will go to the end of the current semester. Otherwise, student will be Tricare eligible until 23rd birthday or graduation date, whichever comes first. Must have two valid forms of identifications (SEE ABOVE).

Eligibility Requirements, TRICARE YOUNG ADULT:
The TRICARE Young Adult (TYA) program is an optional, premium-based program that extends TRICARE coverage to eligible family members under the age of 26. Once premium is paid, two valid forms of identification's required for insurance ID card.

For more information about the TYA program & prices, please visit: (http://www.tricare.mil/Plans/HealthPlans/TYA) section of the TRICARE website.

Eligibility Requirements, SECONDARY DEPENDENCY:
For Parent, Parent-In-Law or Incapacitated Child; must be approved by DFAS: (https://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/SecondaryDependency/SDC/secondarydepnoffices.html) select respective branch.

Upon DFAS approval for respective subcategory, contact DEERS Office for further enrollment requirements at commercial (305) 437-2718 or DSN 567-2718.

ID Card Office Online:
Service Members use ID Card Office Online to assist their current ID card holder family mbrs in obtaining a replacement DoD ID card w/out sponsor's presence. Please visit to digitally sign DD Form 1172-2: (https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service).

Questions or Concerns:
Thank you for choosing USAG-Miami for your DEERS/ID Card needs. In the event you have any questions/concerns or above info. does not pertain to your situation, please contact ID Card Office at: (305) 437-2718 to ensure DoD requirements are met.

(RAPIDS Site ID: 107785)

Available Appointment Days

SepOctober 2019Nov